Masked Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands.

+5
Lilo and Stitch
Ralphie
Leo
Erica Martins
NexusNoobs
9 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Empty Re: Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands.

Post by Leo Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:02 pm

"Thank you, Duncan.Leo smiles as he takes the shell and easily gets to his feet with the child in his arms. He puts the shell away, exactly as it had been before Duncan had moved it.

"Let's go see how we can help." He slips out of the cabin, and he's silent as he slips up beside Addy.  It's not really intentional, it's just how he moves.  If there's a sound that alerts Addy, it will have come from Duncan.

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 8ad1a510

"Nothing will change the most important thing: that we are family."
Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Empty Re: Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands.

Post by Doragonkame Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm

He pouted and his eyes stayed on the pretty pretty shell until they were out of the cabin brightening again and hugging Leo as they moved.

Duncan held his silence... and porbably appropriately when they were beside the female he yells happily and quite suddenly, "Oooo!"

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Byssig10
Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Addy reacted tot he sudden appearance as anny cats do, she Reeeeoooows and body archs as she hops around to face them, looking ridiculously fluffy now because her fur and whiskers and ears all stood on end.

Hah! Some of her 'crazy spooked cat' stance eased, though she would look fluffy for a while. " hey oh heeeey wow you I didn't hear yous coming... and that's saying something for a Klaustreich like me. uuum no one bothered you here? I have some... not so pleasant news..."

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Nexuss10
NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:15 pm

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." Leo apologized gently, hiding amusement at the fluff. He had seen Klunk puff up like that, but it wasn't nearly as impressive as this human-sized cat doing the same.

"No, no one bothered us. What's the matter?" He's cautious, but whatever it is, it's likely beyond his control.

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 8ad1a510

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:55 pm

Duncan burst into cackles, he had never seen anything like that! and it was highly amusing to a small boy.

In usual kid fashion his laughter was loud and mighty "Ha hahaha! tail wagging enthusiastically.

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Byssig10
Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:10 pm

She was slowly soothing further the whiskers no longer stuck out and even grinned at the kids laughter, reaching over to tickle the toes with her paws and her claws had retracted now so no danger of scratching the little guy.

"I got food and a cart and some... um hooded cloaks that may cover yous when we have to go on shore. And... the forces of the DRaco have put out wanted posters and there is news of hunters out looking for any Genio Innocuo and or Turtles. Any." She tells Leo.

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Nexuss10
NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:41 pm

Leo tried briefly to stop the child from laughing at the puffy cat, but Addy didn't seem to mind, so he took his cue from her.

"I guess I shouldn't be surprised..." Leo sighs at the information. "We stopped him from stealing the War Staff to take over the multiverse once before. And... apparently he knows we're here. He frowns, wishing he had a way to contact his brothers.

"Thank you. The cloaks should prove helpful. I can stay out of sight... I'm not so sure about doing so with Duncan though. He sighed and gave the boy a hug. Maybe he could try to teach the child at least a 'game' to be very quiet... That might be something he could use should the need arise.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:00 pm

Still giggling Duncan had been waving a hand and moving his foot out of her reach cause it tickled! and it made him squirm and he was doing a weird yoga poses in Leo's hold.

The hug made him coo in play and happiness churrs following wrapping his arms around Leos neck.

Absolutely blissfully unawares of the dangers anything with a vaguely turtle shape was in now.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Addy nods her fur was smoothing out. " Yes and you might need to put it on soon if your okay with putting him in the cart for the moment to play - you and I can rig the sail and arm and get this to move reasonably well on the tide out of the harbour. Once out of town sight. Until we find some big strong and hopefully quiet oarsman you and I will have to use the WolfWind as a sail boat only."

She told him lightly gesturing to the cart, with the sopping piled around it neatly in small groups to be put away, the empty cart was not big but was deep enough she hoped a small boy put in there would not be able to climb out to easily and that way they could get on with getting the ship moving but keep him within sight at all times. She had a feeling Leo would be as fussy about that as her own mother is... regarding the new kittens that is. And the boy would certainly count as a new kit. She feels around in her belt for the stuffed fish toy holding it out to Leo. " We'll have to find him other toys."

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 am

Leo gives Duncan another cuddle then carefully sets him down in the cart "Duncan, I need you to stay in here and play for a little while so we can get underway. I will be back." He then turns to Inaba and accepts the toy. "Thank you again, Addy. Here, Duncan, do you know what this is?" He offers the stuffed fish to Duncan.

Leo then accepted and wrapped up in the cloak. Unfortunately, there is only so much one can do to hide a shell. He is, however, ready to do whatever Addy requires of him. He's not familiar with sailing a ship, and he hopes she will use layman's terms... "Alright... what do you need me to do?"

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:59 am

Addy grins.

She doesn't know much about the two turtles. But the little guy was sweet and Leo determined to make himself useful. for that she is glad two would have trouble alone keeping this thing going on wind and sails alone. If she attempted to do this alone she'd have to find a smaller craft. Her boat was not as big as her brothers two vessels. And not as small as others, meant for light and quick transport not luxury or large parties.

Or even really for a fight with only two canons.

So she showed Leo the tiller, which lead down to the rudder beneath the boat in the water so told him and would play a crucial part in steering. It was hard at times to remind herself he wasn't a Klaustreich and to not as cats do nuzzle against him from time to time.

And she showed him how they positioned the sail, and played with how much to let out and what angles until they saw the fabric go taut and the boat respond by moving pushed along. Showing him how to secure the yard arm then move back to the tiller and apply an opposing force which made them move. Not fast mind, other boats coming and going left them in wakes at times thanks to oars.

But they were on the move.

And once past the harbours sheltering wall moved a little faster. She showed him how to secure the tiller so they continued at this angle. and it would free them up for a little bit of putting supplies away and checking on the boy. Whom for some one so young seemed to handle amusing himself for a time.

And she couldn't help this time as chats do lightly nuzzling Leo's cheek, " I think your handling this well for an untrained landlubber. Come lets check on you kit and put away stuff. When we feel the boat slow or go faster we check all that again and adjust to stay on course.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 am

Duncan accepted the toy and being put down with as much grace as a three year old could manage.

One who'd never had that care, affection and attention to soak up before, and had no brothers to play with. Or play near. He enjoyed sometimes when his brothers chased or did silly mock battles and wrestled just sitting by them and listening and doing his own thing, like picking at something he'd found.

So maybe he pouted a little and could only shake his head at Leo's question he wasn't sure what it was.

But effectively he was kept busy studying the stuffed fish shape for some time. Then he examined the inside of the cart.

then - fish in mouth he climbed, climbed in the corned of the cart having discovered this gave him better grip on one side and

His escape timed perfectly so he was at the top for the return of his companions.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:26 am

”That’s a fish. Be good, stay here, okay?”

Leo might not know what he’s doing, but he has good strength and endurance. He does exactly as requested, and though he finds the cloak hot and restrictive, he doesn’t show that or complain. He performs his requested tasks without question. Unless the question is for clarification.

When he received the compliment and nuzzle he coughs to cover his shock. He chooses not to say anything beyond a stunned muttered ‘thanks.’ A second ‘cough’ and he follows Addy back to Duncan in the cart.

When they return to Duncan, Leo isn’t terribly surprised to find him near escape. Yup, little guy is too smart for his own good. He laughs softly.

”That didn’t last long. Yeah, you’re proud of yourself aren’t you?”

He then moves to pick up the child and gives him a nuzzles him before setting him down.

”We need to put things away, but if you stay close, you can come.

Leo was going to have to figure out something else to keep the child contained when he had to go help again. He keeps tabs on the supplies, looking for anything that might be useful for that.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:40 am

She wasn't sure what to make of his reaction to her, but it was cute and amusing. Addy supposed she would have to try remembering and bit harder and try suppressing herself better... she knew that some where not used to Klaustreich all up in their personal space.

Returning to the child she giggles and shakes her head, " never had a kit climbing out of there before" She nawwws watching them and takes a moment to gesture as she speaks again. " we store foods over there, paper and quills in the cabin, I got you a sleep sack Leonardo. You can hang it out here. Its a large one so your kit will fit with you." she points at wood shelves with boxes along them for foods, back at the capt cabin and then nudges the pack roll, it was like a swag. " Hang or roll it out where you like Leo. After we put it away we can probably get something to eat happening and check our bearings."

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:25 pm

"Yes, well. He's too smart for his own good. Like another turtle I know." Leo comments regarding Duncan's escape attempt. He can't suppress a smile, and doesn't try.

Leo takes note of where things should go and the comment about the sleeping roll.

"I understand. And thank you again."

He then makes a small pile of what he expects should be food. Some of it was heavier than he had anticipated, but that's not really a problem. Bulk or awkward shaping, would give him pause, and perhaps encourage a second trip, but weight is not an issue.  He looks down at Duncan for a moment before choosing a small, lightweight food item.

"Here, can you help me carry this over to the shelves?"

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Duncan could not have been more pleased with himself when Leo caught him, and snugged him and nuzzled him.

On his feet he ignores the chatter and had removed the stuffed fish from his mouth tucking it under an arm the other extend around Leo's leg as the two bigger ones talk and his hand hangs onto knee pad.

oh?! he could help?! he beams and nods, "yes! me eeellp… and fisssh!"

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:55 pm

Addy grins and purrs gathering some food, " his mother?" sure thats what he meant, still under the impression Duncan was Leo's hatchling, " annnd um I'm sorry but not sure what you both eat... I could only guess."

She had not been sure what turtles ate. but she actually brought some hardy greens and root vegetables, dried of course for travel, she was a meat eater so the bulk of her meals was meat. But she figured these two would need more than that. " I hope all this will do. theres flour and sugar and eggs. tea and spirrts of course." going with them both to help put away the foods showing them where bits went.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Leo frowned. He understood the assumption, but didn't really feel like explaining. He felt the child was safer and less likely to be separated from him if he just outright claimed him. "Actually, one of my brothers."

Leo put the food he had gathered down and started filling the shelves.

"We can eat most things. This should be fine."

Leo pointed to a spot on a low shelf for Duncan so he could put away the item he had brought over.

"Thank you for your help, Duncan. Shall we get some more?"  He then stood to get another load of supplies from the cart. Frowning at the items still in the cart, Leo decided to ask.

"Addy, is there some sort of long cloth somewhere that I could use to help contain Duncan when we need to be above deck?  I don't think he'll stay in the cart. Longer than a towel, but maybe about that wide?"

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:44 pm

Again big people chatter he didn't get but he was so proud of himself for putting the thing up with Leo he struts his way back to the stuff and crouches to look curiously.

The he looks up at the two of them as Leo asks for a cloth and tilts his head, " wasssss mmmm ooo ffer?" Fish still tucked under an arm.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Leo's frown and the boys question made Addy feel bad, did she stir up grief? or Loss?

She hoped not but could only assume so with the little ones question after Leo after his.

"I'm sorry if I said something upsetting-"again she forgot he was not a Klaustreich and briefly touched her nose to his in apology then stepped back pouting in thought. "i might have something... when I was transporting mum and a littler once... hang on." she rubs the little boys head leaving Leo to answer his question about mother - moving away to her cabin.

the sounds of her rummaging in there obvious.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:07 pm

((OOC: Coffee!!))

Gah! He's being touched again! He tries to keep his start under wraps, but he's not used to all the touching, especially from someone whose still practically a stranger!  At the same time, he is disinclined to outright tell Addy to buzz off. They need her help. He waits until she's gone.

Froooowwwwwns.

And looks down at Duncan and his question. Leo kneels down with a sigh. He's not sure how to explain it. When he speaks it's quiet, aiming just for Duncan's ears.

"A mother is a woman who is nice and takes good care of you."

Vague, yes... but... Leo was probably a poor choice to try and explain.

"It's okay, I don't have one either, and I like to think I turned out alright.." He gives the boy a wink and a hug.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Duncan was still not sure what it meant. And puzzled over it in the hug.

He was thinking it over.

It sounded like a good thing... he nuzzles Leo and grins. " yessss oooou oooood." A happy little guy now that he'd thought that one through.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:17 pm

She caught the frown. Only out of the corner of her eyes but it still made it hard to come back out once she found what she was looking for.

But she did and this time kept a little bit of distance between herself and the two of them.

"I feel I am always apologizing, us Klaustreich … we... have a habit of nuzzling and rubbing against, snuggling and licking each other and to the discomfort of others... others... I'll do better though." clearly she'd been kicking herself internally. And then to the cloth she brought out. " This is a sling... and oddly for my kind a single. Given we usually have litters not singles. Um... the fabric is plant fibre reasonably stretchy and the idea is you put it on..." she demonstrates a few ways to wear it. So a child was sit comfortably whilst freeing up parental hands for other things. On the back to the side or front. Showing Leo it's adjustable seams around leg and arm holes and head for the kid as it fit on them like a jumpsuit without sleeves or legs and did up at the back here they couldn't get it off. there was even a button spot for tails!

And more importantly a few ways to hang it or strap it to say the mast or anything else to keep a little one in a certain amount of area.

And whilst she was showing she definitely made a point to keep personal space. Placing the cloth close to Leo and Duncan.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:12 pm

He's frowning again.

"I apologize for my... harsh reactions. I guess our ways are very different, and I understand now that this is just yours. And I will try to be more tolerant. That sort of touch means something different where I'm from, and I will keep in mind what it means for you."

Leo pays close attention as the sling is demonstrated. During the demo, he holds Duncan close, but where he can watch and see what will be happening.  He likes the idea of having Duncan on his back. He'd be safe and out of the way.  A couple of other adjustments would have to be made though.  But that wouldn't be overly difficult. He just can't have Duncan exploring his swords.  He will have to move those to his hip, and probably lower than he would usually favor for that position. And even that could be problematic.

Leo is less fond of the idea of tying Duncan up like a dog on a leash... However, he will not be dismissing the possibility. And having the option is definitely appreciated.

He bows as he speaks again,

"And I thank you again, Addy. Leo offers her a smile.  And that's something I feel like I have been saying a lot today."

Leo then gets up to work again, there are still supplies to be put away.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:49 am

Duncan was curious and waggy tailed, he had no idea what the sling really was but he reached to touch it... then give a small squeak when Leo moved to put more stuff away and grabbed at something to help... only it was far bigger than he and he was sort of dragging it.

Determined though! the bag of potatoes smelled of fresh earth.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:20 am

Addy grinned, still sheepish though and nods, "thanks for that, but I will do better... um and yous are welcome. Both of you." She wanted to ask what such gestures meant where he was from but forewent it for now maybe later when the boy was asleep she would ask before they rested.

She had fur so it hid her blush well she thought so and nodding at least having reached a little mutual ground with Leo on that matter, but she was still careful not to move closer and give into temptation to go all cat again.

Though she did giggle and purr at the boys efforts to imitate Leo, his eagerness to, bending to pick up the other end of the bag to help him take it over to the food shelves showing him where they put the bag of the root vegie that might well be a staple of their diet. Along with dried meat.

they were mostly done as she had mostly gotten food and writing tools figuring if she missed something they might be able to trade with other vessels if they got closer. Or drop into one of the many coast ports along the islands.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:51 am

Leo smiles down at Duncan as he struggles with the potatoes.

"Good job, Big Guy." He laughs and finishes putting his own load on the shelves before heading to the cart and picking out a more appropriate item for Duncan and offering it to the child as he gathers his next load. "How about this one next?"

Once he's packed away all of the food. Leo moves back to the cart for some of the supplies for the cabin. "Anywhere in particular that you want these?"

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm

" any where on the desk is fine," Addy beams, " and great job guys, anything in particular yous would like to have for a lightish lunch?" She asks of Leo unrolling a canvas cover for the shelves, it helped keep the food somewhat pest and environment safe.

Aha! another toy she had found in their efforts to tuck things away. It was a ballish shape of dead spongy coral. Bright yellow in color and long since having any salt still one it from the waters. "Here you are little man, a treat for being so helpful. He can keep that, these tumble weeds of coral wash up along shore regularly." she adds to Leo holding it out to him to take first to show the little fellow.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 pm

Leo nods sets the items in question down on the desk in a neat pile. He thinks for a moment regarding the lunch question.

"I saw a couple of things that would do nicely." Leo is a little concerned regarding actually preparing some of the things she brought, but he could cook a potato if given a place to do it. This is more Mikey's wheelhouse and Leo finds himself missing his brothers and wondering where they are. The moment doesn't last long as Addy is speaking to him again.

Leo then looks over as Addy offers him a toy for Duncan. "Thank you again, Addy." Leo accepts the proffered toy and holds it out for the child. "This is a pretty cool piece of coral. Would you like it?"

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:21 pm

He was chuffed at helping, and taking the next item with eager nods, tail wags and churrs, he follow Leo about like a duckling, of course he had to jog now and then on his shorter legs to make up space!

Once that was done he looked eagerly up at the two big people wondering what was next not sure what the fluffy one meant but the bright coral of course caught his eyes, it was a color he knew! " eee lll oooow!" he so helpfully points out.

then it was coming down to his level and he ooooooohs taking it with wide eyes, " meeeee?" his fingers squeezing the coral prongs that gave the shape a texture and its bounce.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Addy grins, " most welcome, well we might as well enjoy our meal in the last sun of the day and check the travel whilst there so wanna head up on top deck with Duncan and I'll bring up something, your right a potato dish will be nice."

And turtle or Genio Innocuo she guessed sun time was important for them. It certainly was for Klaustriech.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Leo nods and puts his cloak back on. They have been at sea for awhile, and he suspects that they should be fine out on the deck without the cloaks, but better safe than sorry.

"Can you put this on for me, Duncan?" Leo asks gently as he offers the boy a sleeve. "We can probably take it off again in a few minutes."

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 pm

Duncan was still investigating the yellow stuff sniffing, licking... nipping it and tugging delighted it stretched and snapped back when he let go. Leo's question making him look up with the ball dangling from his teeth as he chews on it a bit more... it felt nice between his teeth!

Nodding... though he wasn't sure how to get it on and waits for Leo's directions, the stuffed fish under an arm still.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Addy giggled listening to them and a glance over her shoulder showed her the boy was clearly happy with his two toys.

She was meanwhile using three wood bowls to gather some dried meat bits and greens and a potatoe each, "come on then you two we'll use the brazier up on deck to cook in." leading the way up.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:43 pm

"Can I hold your fish while you put your arm in here? Your other arm goes in the other sleeve. Then I'll wrap you up in the rest, just like mine. Leo smiles, gently trying to catch the first arm.

He can't help but laugh softly at the coral in Duncan's mouth. He looks up at Addy.

"You can go on ahead. We'll be there shortly. He smiles up at herbriefly, then turns back to the child and the cloak.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:14 am

Duncan is happy to hand over -" mmmisth…" he points at the stuffed fish the coral making his word lisp and he nods letting Leo direct his arm, big people used to dress him sometimes but nothing like this cloak.

He is compliant with his second arm too, bright eyes on Leo and a grin on his lips the coral caught between teeth. Churring a little cause he was a happy happy boy right now.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:55 am

"Okay see yas up here." Addy chuckles and hurries upward, first using her fish knife to slice the potatoes up, into reasonably thin wafers into the metal pot hanging over the brazier that was always full of hot coal, she unhooks the poker to stire up the coals revealing her hotter ones to get the potato bits frying up with the meat chunks and a generous lump of lard.

It would be a little salted thanks to the cured meat and bits of the potato softened, adding the greens last with a little herbs for some hearty flavor the whole thing making its own gravy as she worked. She was a decent cook and had previous had crew whose diets were a bit more mixed so dishes like this were not knew to her. And she cooked when she visited the parents every now and then.

the last bowl had a mix of flour and lard and egg and a little water she began a thin batter. humming a sea shanty as she works.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 am

Leo laughed at Duncan’s little coral filled mouth and wrapped him up in the cloak. He then lifted the boy from the floor and gave him a hug before heading to the upper deck. Almost as an afterthought, he grabbed the sling on the way out, though he would prefer let Duncan play for now.

Out on the deck, the sun was close to setting, and Leo looked up at the sky. It was so different from his own world. The colors were incredible, and he went ahead and took a moment to appreciate it. He wondered what would happen as the sun set. He didn’t get many sunsets back in New York, so he hoped to be able to take advantage of the opportunity here. After a moment, he let Duncan down to explore, but he will stay close.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Duncan giggled, even if he didn't truly understand why Leo laughed, he enjoyed it anyways and once wrapped up and picked up he wraps arms about Leo's neck snugging into him and soft happy churring, squishing the coral between them and the fish.

Once he was on his feet again his mouth fell open, amazed! his world in the last day had gone from whiteness and clear ends and edges to his day to day life to this!

His snout went up and he sniffs and breaths deep the air not understanding that there was salt in it. Or that there was also the smells of the cooking though his belly rumbled, and the boat lurched a little under foot as it rose up and down swells of the water, That sensation definitely made him step close to Leo's legs, content for now to stay close, where he could reach a hand and touch knee pad or thigh if unsure.

fish in one hand and coral in the other squeezing them and trying to see everything around him.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Leo watched the child with a sad smile. He placed a hand on the boy's head and guided him closer to Addy and what she was working on.

"You're welcome to explore when you're ready, Duncan." He didn't have to go, but Leo just wanted him to know it was okay. And at least at the moment, the child seemed to want some reassurance. "I'll right behind you until you're ready."

He can't help but notice how the boy is staring at everything. And if Leo is honest, he understands the feeling. Especially as the sun edges ever closer to the horizon.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:42 pm

Addy grinned over her shoulder, "looks like it's going to get dark soon, we might want to ancho soon for a few hours until the full stars are out to navigate by." she warns Leo gently but that would be after -

" I hope you boys are hungry, I added a little extra cause the midday meal was very late." then again she hadn't planned on being back out on the waters again for some time so everything was a little off kilter - glancing up at the sky now and then and the sail and the direction he ship was going.

they were being pushed a little closer in to land but it was not a situation yet so she focuss of piling the hearty stew into three wood bowls and some bread rolls with them. She only filled two bowls but placed an extra wood spork in one not sure if the boy was capable of feeding himself or if he needed assistance. Bringing it all to the two and resisting barely the urge to let shoulders bump and rub she sits waiting for them - not rushing them allowing the two to enjoy the fresh cooling air and spray and smells and sunset. It was rather lovely.

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:04 pm

"Thank you, Addy." Leo says as he accepts the bowl. He smells it, and takes a small bite, testing to see what it was and the temperature before offering some to Duncan.

"Are you hungry?" He asks the small turtle, offering a bite more of potato and gravy on the spork. He's reasonably sure the meal will be fine, but he would still prefer to start with easier things to chew and swallow. Even though the boy handled the energy bar earlier just fine.

Leo is, however, somewhat distracted from his task. It's hard not to watch the sunset. And in fact, when he's not actively trying to get food in Duncan's mouth, he's watching the sunset with the sort of attention that in New York would scream 'Tourist.'

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica Martins Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:45 pm

She soared far above the waters, glittering in the sunset, having escaped Koen's Isle - home of the Drakes and Dragons and Damonfeuer.

Refusing at this point to be on any side of the battling going on.

She wasn't the only damonfeuer to take off.

But she didn't clump with them, most got lost in the main land, probably over the desert. Ee went out sea, riding thermals where she could and just soaring, following the Amaroo Coral Sea, Every now and then maybe landing on a ship deck if she thought the crew didn't look like bandits or were not flying banners of some sort. Sometimes just flying along side, or diving in and out of the waves to catch some fish stirred up by the boats passing.

A delicious smell from below on the crest of sunset alert her to the fact she hadn't eaten... So bright white she knew she would stand out against the waters, the sky but on the skyline vanish into the bright mingling blending colors of the last of the day. So she stays there, watching the boat, she couldn't see too many on board so it was probably safe to fish along side them, perhaps they wouldn't mind her rest on the prow or the edges briefly?

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Ee_s10
Erica Martins
Erica Martins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Oh he was staaarved! and looks eagerly at the food, sure it was food1 sitting beside Leo immediately - though not sure what to do with the offered stuff on the spork.

He didn't even know it was a spork!
But he had seen Leo place it in his mouth and so he sniffed at the portion on the utensil of wodd then with a little coo closed his mouth over it and drew it off... chewing...

His eyes already wide went to 'oh myyyy god' wiiiide and he looked at Leo like he was capable of miracles! And he'd never had such flavours or textures in his mouth! so of course to him the big turtle who fed him the morsel was indeed capable of miracles, eagerly swallowing and opening his mouth for more like an eager and hungry bird chicklet. Only without the squawking!

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:41 pm

Leo laughs and offers the child another bite, then turns to Addy. "I think he approves."

Once more, Leo looks off into the sky, and... what...

"Addy... what is that...?"

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:05 pm

It was bliss on his face with the next mouthful and he chews... stopping briefly to feel about in his mouth and withdraw some stringy meat to look at it and oooooooooh then stuffing it back in and resuming the chewing so very happy toes wriggling and fingers too as he enjoys chewing this mouthful as long as he could.

Entirely missing Leo's distraction.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by NexusNoobs Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:51 pm

Addy laughs and winks, "mums recipes always are a hit." she agrees her long tail almost reaching out to wrap about Leo but she manages not to, blinking and looking about. At first the light defeated her gaze.

Her ears twitching in the direction.

" oh!! - it's a... she's a damonfeuer!" she says excitedly, finally spotting the bright white female against the skyline. She feels about her pockets and waves a white hanky. " a small one by the looks of it... their normally not that small." amused. "she's probably hunting and looking for a rest spot. They normally do not fly over the waters for long."

NexusNoobs
NexusNoobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica Martins Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Erica rolled facing the boat noting the flash of white.

flapping upward into the sky then flipping and diving skimming just underneath the waters surface trapping a fish against the wake of the boat than bursting from the waves right along the side of the boat and landing on the edge the struggling large fish in her small white hands claws lightly digging against its skin.

Watching the two..

three!

A child!

oooh she adored children!

Iluka Islands. Many sea faring peopls a major township in this collection of tropical islands. - Page 2 Ee_s10
Erica Martins
Erica Martins
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:00 am

"Oh..."

The damonfeuer was graceful, he did have to give it that. And if he were to truly admit it, he is somewhat awed by seeing the creature. Addy didn't seem perturbed by it's presence, so Leo relaxed slightly as well and allowed himself to watch the damonfeuer fly, even pointing it out to Duncan. He was a little curious to see the child's reaction.

Leo
Leo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doragonkame Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:36 am

Duncan had tried using the spork like Leo, trying to being key here as he wasn't entirely coordinated, but at least he was getting some of the food into his mouth and not all down his plastron! Now Leo caught his attention and he looks over not sure at first what Leo was showing him, then he saw her and he dropped the spork his mouth falling open in a perfect 'O' eyes also as wide, snout wiggling as he tried to make sense of her scent as she landed on the edge of their boat.

He went shy. And grabbing up his spork moved to Leo, and then into his lap - so he could look at her from here. Spork back in his mouth.

Doragonkame
Doragonkame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next